Monday, May 10, 2010

A Blessed Mother's Day

Yesterday was a day of celebrating mothers. However, my heart hurt for those in my family and those of my friends who long to be mothers, and as of yet have not been given the opportunity. I understand the hurt and longing. Derek and I were married eight and a half years before God granted us the privilege of being parents to Cherish. Therefore, I spent much of yesterday praying for you. May the “God of all comfort” comfort you, sweet ladies (II Cor. 1:3-4).

Derek, Cherish, and I spent the day together—as Derek’s mom and my mom were unavailable. We went to worship with our church family (the best gift of the day!), had some lunch, and then Derek announced he was taking me shopping. Cherish ran and got headbands for daddy and her to wear to the store. Here they are:
(Also, she told daddy she wants him to wear the headband to college when he comes to visit her. )

Derek bought me two new swimsuits and a sundress. Then he took me out to Mimis Café for dinner. This was my first time eating at this restaurant, and I really enjoyed it. (The portions were so large, that even though Derek and I shared with Cherish, we each have a large portion left over for lunch today.)
We also spent time together watching “I Love Lucy” reruns and eating popcorn. What a great time with family today!

Thank You, Lord, for the precious family You have given me.

No comments: