Friday, February 25, 2011

A New Book to Devour

A sweet lady in my church family allowed me to borrow a book to read to Cherish. It's called The Rhyme Bible Storybook and it's by L.J. Sattgast. Side note: Cherish LOVES books!

Did I mention, Cherish loves books?

Well, the precious lady gave me this book Wednesday morning:
The Rhyme Bible
It is Friday night. We are on page 398! Cherish is eating this book up! (Oh, and that doesn't count all the library books I have read her since Wednesday morning.)

CHERISH
LOVES
BOOKS.

The book is actually a blast to read. I even sing some of the stories to her--because the rhymes flow so well. I can honestly say I am having fun with this book. We just might have to add this book to our home library.

I wish I enjoyed reading as a kid. I didn't pay any attention to books until the sixth grade when my school teacher read my class the book: Adventures of the Snow. All of a sudden, I liked books. But, not like Cherish. She BEGS to be read to.

I am looking forward to the day when she can pick up a book and read it to herself (and to her little sisters *wink*). My voice is getting quite the workout!

No comments: