Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Grace to Infinity

Grace.

Last week was so disturbing, that I would like to redo the week. However, at the same time, I would never wish to redo the week--since I experienced grace like never before.

It all started on Monday. I experienced God's grace and protection in a tangible way. I believe God sent me an angel in the form of a man in response to prayers said for protection during a particular time. As soon as safety was realized, the man made eye-contact with me and left the area. I have been moved to my very soul by God's gift of protection and the grace He had given me in my time of need--in such a visible way.

Then, shortly afterwards, I was moved to tears by the love and grace of a child--my daughter. Through her, I experienced grace in its purest form--humanly speaking. I had been helping someone with a project in order to save my friend time and money. In doing so, time got by me and I missed Cherish's weekly--beloved--ballet class.
She extended grace to me.
She told no one that she had been hurt.
She didn't complain or say anything negative about missing her class.
She forgave me.
A simple, "It's ok, Mom," followed by multiple hugs (while I cried uncontrollably).
Grace. Complete. Pure.
I kept thinking that I was glimpsing God's grace through the heart of a loving child.

I spent hours crying last week.

I spent hours through the night pondering such acts of kindness by God and Cherish.
Astounded by love and grace.

What a week!
A week like none other.
It was packed with time after time of God's protection, grace, and love.
God's grace.
God's infinite grace.


"You, O LORD, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."
Psalm 86:15 NIV

I stand awed by a God--a Savior--Who hears my prayers, listens to my pleas, and understands my desires. He grants above and beyond all I could ever hope for or imagine.

Thus, the name of this blog has changed to Grace.
Grace to infinity.
The grace that God gives as experienced through...
salvation,
children,
life....

God's grace be with you as well, dear friends.

♥ Julie

1 comment:

Jennifer Alvarado said...

It is good to see grace that is provided to us. Many people overlook such blessings.