Thursday, December 29, 2011

Back to Blog-land

We have been having a bit of trouble with stomachs. I began having trouble with my abdomen about 3-4 days ago, and I thought I had pulled a muscle. Actually, I thought I had a hernia from holding Andrew and the backpack diaper bag, but Aleve never touched the pain. I was doubled over and could not stand upright, because the pain was so intense. About 24 hour into the pain I thought it may be from a virus, so I took some Slippery Elm (herb), which helped. So, I kept downing the herb whenever the pain had me doubled over.

This morning, Derek YELLED in the hotel room: "I think I'm going to die!!"

He had the stomach bug--much different from mine. And, he. had. it. bad!!!!!

I woke up Carileen who had Immodium and started administering it. Derek. had. it. bad! Did I mention that?

Hours and hours later, he was weak, pale, and bedridden. The problem was that we had to get all our luggage and check-out, carry all our luggage 4 flights of stairs into the train station...through Customs, and then back down about 2 flights. The other problem? George and Carileen have balance issues, so Derek was going to be the strong one to carry everyone's luggage up and down all these flights. Then, the stomach bug hit. He was in bed. Too ill and too weak to get out of bed.

Fast forward, after he took all Carileen's Immodium, other team members gave him their medicine that they didn't use. Plus, antibiotics for stomachs.

We made it to Hong Kong with the help of God and our team mates. Derek is ashen and weak, but he was able to make it here!

We head to the airport for our international flight in about 8 hours.

Cherish is having a bit of tummy troubles now. I gave her medicine, and she's sleeping now.

We shall make it! Dragging, perhaps, but we will make it!

So much to update, so little time. Perhaps I'll write an update on the plane and simply upload it in Chicago.

THANKS FOR PRAYING for us!!!!!! You have carried us along!

THANK YOU, JESUS, for family and friends who care!!

-Julie (for the family)

4 comments:

jennifer Alvarado said...

You leave sick and come back sick. =( Hopefully you will feel better quickly! Love ya.

K.D. Hastings said...

Oh my! What a journey you all have had. Praying HIS Spirit will strengthen your bodies and bring you home safe and sound.

Louise said...

Prayers for health soon!!! I hope the trip back goes quickly for all of you!! Love to you all! xo

Kelly said...

Hi Julie! I'm just now reading over your travel and gotcha posts! Sorry to hear about the stomach bugs! Praying for you and your family now! I loved the pictures of your meeting your son. They are wonderful. They brought tears to my eyes to see how he took to you all. What a comfort for him to be taken care of by his mommy and daddy!