Friday, December 2, 2011

For my little son

Dear Sweet Andrew,

I am so excited that our family finally gets to come and get you! I can hardly wait to hold you in my arms and whisper, “I love you!”

Daddy is so excited, too! He carries your picture around in his wallet and shows a lot of people! Every chance he gets, he talks about you.

Daddy is sick right now, but he’s trying to get well. He wants to be able to hold and kiss you on “Gotcha Day”.

Cherish jumps around the house, because she is so excited. She says that all she wants for Christmas is you! She doesn’t want any toys; only a brother! She loves you already.

Cherish has helped set up your room. Some sweet ladies gave you lots of toys, and she has put them in your room. She says you are going to fly on a plane and think you ended up in Toy Land. She can hardly wait to play with you. (She’s been pretending you are already here and pretends to play with you J.)

Now, about your momma. I just want to say up front: I’m pretty crazy.

Daddy gave me a gift for my birthday. I got to go see a special lady, and I asked her to make my hair dark. I told her I didn’t want you to be scared of me—since my hair was blonde. So, she told me she could help. I was so happy, because I didn’t want you to be scared of me like Cherish was of me when we first got her.

When the special lady was finished with my hair, she was right! My hair was darker. I have green hair now. Yep, green. Not lime green, more like Martian green. Yep. And she didn’t know how to fix it. So, another special lady said I could wash my hair with purple shampoo almost every day. Pretty cool! So, now I have green hair and purple hands—since the shampoo stains my hands. It is way cool!

Oh, and guess what else? I got my ears pierced just so I could come get you! Well, what I mean is: I got tubes in my ears. Think straws. Well, now the coolest thing happens: I can blow air out of one of my ears! Yep, and when my ear is wet (like after a shower), I can blow bubbles out of my ear! I know! I’m special! Well, my other ear is pretty boring. It can’t do fun stuff like that. But, maybe it will be able to whistle one day J.

One more thing. We are a family of snuggle-bunnies. We LOVE snuggling. Cherish told me last night that she wishes she could snuggle with me “all day and all night”. So, we’ll try not to scare you at first, but we hope you will find a nice, warm, cozy spot in our snuggle-bunny family.

Well, crazy or not, here we come! We don’t know our exact travel dates yet, but as soon as the last appointment is made, Daddy and I are going to buy our plane tickets! So…get ready!

I love you, Little One! I’ll be there really soon.

Love,
Your green-headed, purple-handed, bubble-blowing Momma

P.S. I am going to try to sneak a string of Christmas lights into my luggage, so that we can surprise everyone and have Christmas lights up in our hotel room for Christmas. Shhh. It’ll be our little secret. J

1 comment:

ken and twilla said...

I love your sense of humor. You made me laugh out loud. We have three adopted kids - this after raising three bio kids and being empty nesters. Now our home is filled with so much joy and laughter and a few tears here and there. I was listening to a song by Casting Crowns called So Far - it is about adoption. Boy did I ever shed a few tears the first time I heard it. We will be praying for your journey. God Bless ..... ken & twilla eden