Thursday, December 22, 2011

We are blessed

I thought I was seeing with eyes wide open. I. was. wrong!
Today as Andrew was in the hospital, he had an emergency situation. I had to pick him up while the nurse held his IV container, and we had to speed walk between hospital buildings, taking Andrew from the pediatric ward to the ER, and then to the inpatient building.

Oh. my! In the past, each time a doctor had said Andrew had to be admitted into the hospital, our agency rep continually fought the doctors to have Andrew go home at night. That way he could continue his treatments in the “outpatient” buildings.
I thought I had seen all the shocks. But, then I saw the inpatient building of the hospital. I had been so wrong.
I cannot write what I saw, but I will say, I cried after leaving there. A lot.

Our agency rep said that she had only had to take two other patients to the inpatient hospital--as she works hard to shelter the Westerners. She said that no one understands China until they have seen the inpatient hospital at this place.
I am so disgustingly spoiled!
I have heat.
I have food.
I have restrooms available to me.
I have blankets.
I have coats.
I have a place to sleep.
I have dry clothes.
I have water to drink….
Survival. That’s what it is about for them. Survival.
I am so disgustingly spoiled! My eyes have seen with even further understanding.

God, please keep me this sensitive. Help me to value what really matters!

Just as information, God helped Andrew pull out of his emergency, and we were able to go “home”. We have to go back to the hospital in the morning, and we fly to Guangzhou in the evening. We received meds so that Andrew will be able to fly.
It is recommended that we continue the hospital visits while in Guangzhou. I pray we will not have to.

No matter what, though, we are blessed.
We have life.
We have each other.
We are family and will look after one another.

Blessed beyond measure,
Julie

P.S. Derek stayed at the hotel with Cherish today. He will update on his orphanage visit as soon as things calm down.

Thanks for all the prayers and for caring about us. You’ll never know how much you have done for us!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Praying Julie praying!!! I read a blog of a family that just adopted a 9yr old she weighed 11lbs! It's all so sad. Praying for your little boy and Cherish. Is she in the hospital? When will you guys be back in the US?

Katie