Friday, February 24, 2012

40 Bags in 40 Days

Some friends of mine told me about the "40 Bags in 40 Days" challenge, and I accepted the challenge with quite a bit of excitement.

I made my list of "zones" and began the tackling process.

Day 1: "Clean out the filing cabinet and the surrounding area"
The drawers were packed!
Going through all that paperwork yielded a total of
4 garbage bags full of shredded paper!

Initially, at the end of "Day 1" I had 3 garbage bags packed with shredded paper, but on "Day 2" Derek was so excited about the progress, that he went through the files again and produced more papers to shred. It was so nice!

Day 2: "Re-file and re-label files in the filing cabinet"
Done. (The bottom drawer looks the same, but it is practically empty.) Yay for more space to file the endless paperwork that enters this house!

The process of cleaning and shredding was quite refreshing. We kept what was necessary (like old tax returns...), but we let go of so much other "baggage". It was as if we were choosing to let go of the past in order to embrace the future. It was rejuvenating.

Would you like to join the "40 Bags in 40 Days" challenge? Send me a message. I'd love to know.

No comments: