Monday, April 30, 2012

"Mother's Tea"

Friday was "Mother's Tea" time at Cherish's preschool. What a precious time!

The children had been working for quite a while on preparing a program, paintings, crafts, etc. for the mothers. The teachers worked so hard! One of Cherish's teachers even went to the store to prepare her special dairy-free food for the event! What caring teachers!

Here's Cherish during one of the songs in the program:
 The painting Cherish made of me:
 The flower hat and corsage Cherish made for me:

Also, each child "wrote" a poem for his/her mom. The teacher sat with each child and talked with him/her about his/her mom. The teacher began a sentence, and the child had to finish each sentence. Then, the teacher wrote down exactly what the child said.

Here's my poem from Cherish:

"My Mom"
By: Cherish

For fun, my mom likes to "play with me."
Her favorite thing to eat is "meat stuff."*
My mom's job is "to clean the house."
My mom looks pretty when "we go to parties."
Our favorite thing to do together is "to play games like Uno."
My mom has "necklaces."
The thing I like best about my mom is "that I get to play with her!"

How sweet is that! I told you our family spells love T-I-M-E. She's my sweetie!


Side notes:
*I asked Cherish what she meant by "meat stuff." She said, "You know, mom, you like to eat legs." It dawned on me. She and I love chicken legs! When our family goes to KFC, we order a bucket of dark meat--legs and thighs--because our family likes dark meat the best. And when I bake chicken or turkey, she and I each get a leg. So, she's right. My favorite "meat" to eat is chicken legs! (OK, now my mouth is watering....)

And, I will add: I love to eat other legs as well...my children's pudgy little legs!!!!! J Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum! Oh, and I love the full belly laughter that accompanies the "eating" of those little legs!

No comments: