Friday, November 1, 2013

A better day

THANK YOU IMMENSELY for praying for us! My stomach bug gave me some relief today, which meant I could care for Hope--which meant A LOT less crying and stress on Derek and Hope! (Thankfully we have Cipro with us.)

Hope is really scared of Derek taking care of her--like even lifting her to wash her hands. She has a cry of fear. The problem is, she is so heavy, that my back is hurting. Thus, when I'm weak or dizzy from being sick, or just needing to give my back a break, I ask for Derek's assistance. We are praying Hope will learn to trust Derek. She has so much fear in her.

Also, nighttime seems to cause Hope additional fear. So, evenings end with crying and comfort. We pray she will learn that she is loved greatly, and that we are here to protect her from harm.

This evening we received Hope's passport. So, in the morning we will fly to Gaungzhou to begin the process of obtaining Hope's visa. Thus, tomorrow Hope will experience her first flight.

Thank you for covering us in prayer! 

1 comment:

Ken and Kim said...

Hi Julie and family! I pray that you are feeling better and Hope is adjusting. Jillian had a hard time at first too. On the way home on the airplane she just kept repeating things to us and it was very frustrating for her and us. She will call for her nanny at times which is very heart breaking. Ii know exactly how you are feeling. It will get better. Have a great rest of the time. Kim