Saturday, March 28, 2015

Gentle Touch

I put Hope in the tub tonight. Andrew was finishing up his supper, so he was going in the tub after Hope. As I was putting laundry into the washing machine, I noticed that Andrew had walked away from the table.

I went looking for him.

He had gone to the bathroom, got an extra washcloth for Hope, and was washing her back! Then, he put the cloth down and began rubbing her head so gently. I could hardly believe how thoughtful he was being with her.

I ran and got my camera. He was repeating the process again. Here he is caressing her head--oblivious that he was touching my heart as well.
As you can see, Hope was soaking up his loving touch.

Hope came to us at 4½-years-old knowing how to bathe herself and wash her own hair. But, Andrew always seems to be looking for ways to serve others. He seems to know exactly what each person needs.

I am so thankful for these blessed children! They teach me so much!!

No comments: