Monday, April 13, 2015

Going out on a limb

So, I've never done this before. I've never done any kind of fundraising. Nor have Derek or I ever asked for donations.... Derek feels God has blessed him with the ability to work, and he has kept a job that has enabled him to accept second and third shift positions on top of his first shift position. With each adoption, God has blessed him with the work and finances needed.

But, there has been an added challenge this time. There will be the cost of an international adoption AND a vehicle to fit four children. Derek is known to work seven days a week to provide for us and to care for orphans.

So, when Derek went to work again yesterday after church, and the children were sad to see him leave yet again, the children and I decided to put our energies into making a video. From that decision came this:


We made the video and I set up the account. I wasn't sure how Derek would respond, but he is getting older, and the hours are really wearing on him.

When he came home from work last night at 11:35 p.m., I showed him what we had created. I saw a wave of relief come over his body.

He was able to rest well and was up again at 5:30 a.m. for work. God bless his diligent heart and willingness to do whatever is necessary to make an orphan a son!

1 comment:

Ally @ Even Miracles said...

What a great way for people to help you all become a family of 6!!! Ask and thou shall receive!! Many blessings
Ally