Saturday, August 29, 2015

Last Day in Beijing

The "normal" tourist sites are closed due to the new, upcoming holiday here in Ch*na. There is a great show of power and strength. Let your mind run wild about how big the we*pons are, and your imagination would not be "wild". So, we have been keeping ourselves out of the way!

We spent today with the locals at the Olympic Water Cube (which is now a water park).

What I learned about the Chin*se people:

1. They like their modesty. The little girls all the way up to the elderly ladies wore beautiful swim dresses. Beautiful and modest. It would be extremely difficult to find such gorgeous handiwork and elegant style combined with modesty in the States. Here, it is the norm. Normal I tell ya. The ladies were/are truly gorgeous.

2. Ladies and girls like to wear swim caps that match their swim dresses. Some caps are so darling!!!!! They dress up to swim--with the cutest outfits!

3. The men do not tatoo their bodies. Those who do would be in the extreme minority.

4. They carry their babies around like little trophies. It's sweet to see!

5. A white girl with Chinese children ain't so cute. (I got mostly disapproving looks today.)

Hope and I were together on the "Lazy River" cuddled in a tube, and Hope looked at me--as if for the first time--and exclaimed, "You have blue eyes! And, blonde hair!" Me: "Yep, that's right!" Hope: "How did you get them?" Me: "God gave them to me." As we were talking, I observed what I had been observing all day: people taking "selfies". Then, as the tube of the people in front of us began to turn about, I saw the lady flipping through pictures of Hope and me on her phone! The lady hadn't been taking selfies; she had been taking bold pictures of us! And, while their back was turned to us, I saw her zooming in and editing OUR picture. Boy did I feel weird!

Ever feel ugly and awkward? I felt that way the rest of the day at the water park. Chinese ladies are so gorgeous, and then was me...with cute Chinese kids. I felt like a freak show.

Oh, well. I'm blessed Cherish, Hope, and Andrew think I'm pretty, call me "mommy", and choose to be with me. <3 It is enough. <3

2 comments:

Beth P said...

You are beautiful inside and out:-) Thank you for updating your blog. Love experiencing Ch*na through your beautiful blue eyes that God gave you. Praying for you.

Louise said...

Thinking of you all and continue to keep you all in
My prayers! You Julie are my beautiful friend and I
Love you and all your family very much!!❤️