Thursday, October 8, 2015

Morning update

This morning Daniel woke up at 6:30 a.m., and I changed his wet diaper and put him back to bed. At 6:50 a.m. he woke me up with his usual. I was able to clean him up and get his stool sample ready for Quest. Thirty minutes later, all was clean and ready for the morning routine.

I emptied the dish washer (we let the dishes air-dry overnight), made breakfast, served everyone, cleaned up the pot and dishes, did some general cleaning, put the children in front of their science video and put Daniel in the playpen for safety. Then, I took a super fast shower.

I was feeling quite confident with the day, and so I decided to "dress up"--i.e. after all, I was going to Quest today ;). While I was dressing, Daniel started to cry. I went to the living room to find him in a horrible mess. His diarrhea had not stayed contained, it had run down his legs, on his feet, on the sheet in the playpen, soaked through the sheet, was on his hands, and on the sides on the playpen where he was standing, holding on, and crying.

I thought it was throw-up everywhere, until I smelled it.

I lifted Daniel out of the playpen, and went to clean him up. After he was cleaned up, I went to change into my "every-day-cleaning-clothes". Then, I went to work on washing Daniel's clothes and the sheet in the sink before putting them in the washer. (Trust me, it's needed. 'nough said.) Then, I got out the bleach and cleaned the sink. Afterwards, I cleaned and sanitized the entire playpen.

And, I "rewarded" Daniel with Children's Chewable Pepto Bismol and dry toast.

My heart goes out to all the single parents out there. You are heros!

Back to schooling the kiddos....

No comments: