Wednesday, July 27, 2016

To fast or not to fast

The children had almost finished eating breakfast, but Andrew's French Toast still remained untouched. I kept seeing him pass by the kitchen and thought he was just doing important kid-things. I finally went to tell him he must sit and eat before his food got cold. He replied: "I've decided to fast today." I almost choked. I said, "What?? Do you know what fasting is?" He said, "No, but I know it really pleases the Lord, so I’ve decided to fast today.” I said, “Fasting is when someone doesn’t eat in order to pray and read the Bible.” Andrew said, “But I can’t read the Bible; there are too many words.” I asked: “Do you know what you are fasting about?” He said: “No, I just want to please the Lord.” To which I said: “Then I think it will be ok to eat one piece of French Toast.” That boy….


Update:
Derek's had a fever and been sleeping since yesterday. He woke up around 12:30 p.m. today and Derek said: "Andrew, I am so sick. Did you pray for me?" Andrew: "I want to fast for you but mom won't let me."

Yes, I'm about to make lunch. Yes, sometimes I'm the "bad guy". (he he)

1 comment:

The Redhead said...

That is so awesome and sweet! Dang mom, making him eat ;)