Thursday, May 11, 2017

Cherish

Our Rose.

It's hard to put Cherish into words.
She is 10-years-old and wise beyond her words.
Her heart is completely for her God, her family, and orphans.
Her heart is beautiful!

Cherish told me this week while looking at her siblings: "I think it is so amazing how we are all from different moms and different cities, but God put us all together and made you our mom." I said, "It amazes me too, to the point of tears sometimes."

Me: "So, when would you like to return to China--to either visit or live?" Cherish said: "Never. Unless you're there. I only ever want to be where you are."

Her kind words warm my heart!


Any time you find a child crying in our house, you will find Cherish there working to comfort the child. She is my heart in a small body. (I have to sometimes "fight" her for the job to comfort, because she is so taken by her brothers!)

Here she is after consoling a crying Daniel. They fell asleep together on the floor.
If you ever visited our house at night, you would very rarely ever find Cherish in her bed. She is almost always (like 98 days out of 100 days) in one of the boys' beds comforting one of her brothers. She is in love with her little brothers and finds comfort in being with them!

Pretty much, if you see Cherish, you'll find her with one or more of her brothers:
They are smitten with her as well.

Cherish, beautiful inside and outside!

No comments: