Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Planned

Summer.
We've planned it.
We're keeping the plans.

We're having a blast!
Our weeks are full.
Our days are enjoyable.
We are making memories!

Here's the plan:
It includes all the fun stuff like ballet, tap, and swim lessons, music classes, story and craft times, beach and pool times, movies and play dates, PowerUp Clubs, and so much more.
On the chart, I have also written Cherish's goals for the summer. Here are the goals she has chosen for herself:
1. Learn how to tie shoes. (She completed this goal the first day she tried, and I had to buy shoelaces, because none of her shoes required ties!)
2. Be able to read My First Read and Learn Bible by myself.
3. Be able to read all the "Step Into Reading" Pre-Level 1 books by myself.
4. Learn to ride a bike without training wheels.
5. Write a family story book with mom (photo book).
6. Learn to braid hair.
7. Find all 50 Commemorative State Quarters.

The children also joined the summer reading program at our public library, and as of today--22 days into the program--Cherish has 51 books logged and Andrew has 18 books logged. They. love. books! (And, by the way, I log the books I supervise. Cherish has "read" a lot more books to her brother.)

Cherish reading to Andrew in their "club house":

Sprinkler-and-ice-pop-time usually always follows bike-riding-time:

Eating-time:

Pool-time:

Paint-time:
(Because ya gotta try to be like Bob Ross!)

Bath-time:

And, yes, crash-time:

We are having so much fun together!
I can hardly wait to put that photo book of memories together!

No comments: