Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Answered prayers!

Derek called me via WeChat and informed me that he and Andrew were down with fevers. The last time I remember Derek having a fever was in 1999. Now, all three of my boys were sick, and Derek was alone to care for everyone.

I asked some friends to pray, and about 6 hours later (the middle of the night for Derek), Derek woke up with a drenched shirt. God had answered our prayers!! Derek's fever had broken!!!

However, by morning Andrew--who had been struggling tremendously with asthma that had gotten out of control--was unable to even dress himself. He was so weak from struggling to breathe.

Matthew noticed Andrew's weakened state, and while Derek dressed Andrew, I watched as Matthew crawled over to Andrew on the bed and place his head on Andrew's shoulder. Then he began rubbing Andrew's head.


After Derek dressed Andrew, he lifted Andrew and put him in Matthew's stroller. Derek began Andrew's nebulizer treatment. Derek then finished dressing Matthew, put him in the baby carrier, and rolled Andrew in the stroller down to breakfast.

They ate and were off to Matthew's medical appointment--for his visa clearance.

When the guys got back to the hotel room, Derek had to clean up Matthew from his illness, so Derek called me via WeChat and handed Andrew the phone.

As I watched Andrew, I noticed his lips beginning to turn purple. I called Derek over to the phone. Derek instantly noticed Andrew had turned purple, and he began rubbing Andrew's chin and cheek--like he was trying to rub off the color. I informed Derek that Andrew was in crisis and needed to get on the nebulizer right away.

He informed me that the nebulizer did not work!!!!

Derek's guide/interpreter was out on a touring trip with others from their group, and Derek didn't know the phone number for emergency. !!!!!

As I watched over video chat for about 45 minutes, Andrew continued to decline as Derek jiggled the nebulizer and did everything he could to get albuterol into Andrew.

I logged off video chat, as I couldn't look at Andrew without terror filling my heart.

I enlisted prayer warriors and then began to pray.

I began praying aloud that Jesus would heal Andrew. Aloud I preached to myself as I prayed, reminding myself of Truth. "God, You are completely Sovereign. God, You are all-powerful. God, I know You love Andrew. God, You are The Healer. God, You can heal Andrew if You choose to. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, please heal Andrew!"

I logged back onto video chat and saw Andrew's decline. Derek and I began praying together over Andrew, and--without the use of medication or nebulizer--Andrew began to breathe!!! He began to breathe in oxygen!!!!!!

As we watched Andrew, his lips turned pink!!!!!


In a hotel room,
without steroids,
without albuterol,
but with prayer,
during the crisis of an asthma attack,
Andrew began breathing freely on his own!!!!!!

That does not happen except through a miracle!!!!

PINK lips!!!!!

I praise the Lord for each of these answers to prayers and for so many more that have not been mentioned. Our family is under spiritual attack and the evidence is multiple times a day. (I'd share them all, but I don't have enough time to write them all out.)

In this I can rejoice: there would be no spiritual attack if we were not doing God's will. And, we know, God always win! Always!!!!

No comments: