Monday, November 4, 2013

Sickness returns

I have not experienced anything like this before. Sickness--stomach flu and regular flu symptoms--keep attacking each family in our group. I (Julie) got my stomach sickness back the day after my Cipro ended. Added to that is a very sore throat and double ear ache. Derek and I have been so thankful we don't also have the fever others in the group have, and we have been praising God the children have stayed well. However, about 3 hours ago, Cherish succumbed to illness. It is so hard to hear you child groaning and moaning from sickness.

As you pray for us, please also pray for our group. It seems there is at least one person very sick in each family.

We went to the medical clinic today for Hope. Poor girl, she had to be stuck 5 times in order to get her blood test! She was horrified.

On a positive note, she doesn't seem to be afraid of Derek any more. We are praising God for that!!

Thank you for praying for all of us. This has been a hard trip. Thank you for the comments that we receive via e-mail. You encourage us so much!

4 comments:

Ally @ Even Miracles said...

Hang in there. OUr prayers are with you all.
Ally

Ken and Kim said...

Praying for you and all the families!! Yes, it's been a stressful trip for you! God Bless! Kim

Kristi Russell said...

I'm embarrassed how many times a day I check your blog, But I'm dying to see pics of your family of five!! What a privilege it has been to pray for your family during this adventure. The Lord brings you to mind all hours of the day and night. I am sorry it has been such a hard trip. I can't wait for y'all to get home. Thanks for the blog updates. It has allowed us to know how to be praying. For now, praying complete health for all of you as you prepare to to finalize things in Ch*** and head back across the pond. Hugs to your sweet family!

Anonymous said...

Your are almost done with the paperwork! Hope is realizing you are all on her side. It is getting better... more slowly than anyone would like I am sure. We wish you safe travels and good health - soon. - The Dyers