Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stress Reducer

It has been a wee bit stressful here lately (dealing with insurance companies regarding a car accident, etc.), so yesterday and today I’ve been simmering potpourri. The recipe is my Christmas potpourri, but it has been a tremendous stress-reducer in our home the last two days. Here’s the recipe:
Chopped apples
Orange peels
Cloves
Cinnamon sticks
Water
Place all the ingredients in a pot and simmer. Relax and enjoy!

I have even refrigerated the remaining potpourri overnight and used it again the next day. Simply add a little more fruit.

If you have a favorite potpourri recipe, would you mind sharing it with me and the other readers? If you add it to the “comments” section, others will be able to enjoy it and swap recipes as well. Thanks!

Here’s to great smelling homes and low stress levels!

1 comment:

Louise said...

What a great recipe! I love potpourri myself. I always have either that or candles burning.
I like to use store bought potpourri..but homemade is better. I usually use cinnamon and cloves too. Smells so good!