Sunday, September 5, 2010

Just a Spoonful of Sugar...

I am a firm believer in ♫“a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down”♫. (Do you have your speakers on?)

Today marks one week since I decided not to repeatedly ask Cherish to clean her room. Last week I helped Cherish clean her room, and then I strung Christmas lights around the room. I told her that as long as the room stays clean, the Christmas lights stay on. (She is even permitted to fall asleep at night with the lights on.)

What a gem of an idea! (Thanks, God!) Cherish now pulls out toys, plays with them, and puts them back pretty promptly!

Today, Cherish and her daddy were playing “American Girl Dolls” (i.e. dress up the dollies). Side note: Thanks, Aunt Rhonda and Courtney, for the dolls and all their accessories!

After Cherish and daddy finished dressing the dolls and playing with them, daddy went to the kitchen to get a snack. Cherish came into the kitchen and said, “Come on, Dad. We have to put all the American Girl stuff away.” I was surprised and said to Derek, “Who is this child?” He answered, “Our daughter is transformed!” He was not kidding!

Today...playing dolls:

Playing in the evening
(there's no flash on the camera so you can see the effects of the Christmas lights):

Once again, thanks, Mom and Jen, for finding and bringing me my camera. I love you both. ♥

1 comment:

the alvarados said...

Love the lights! The boys use them around Christmas time too in their rooms.