Sunday, February 15, 2015

She has come so far!

At 4½-years-old Hope did not know how to run or jump. Actually, her balance was so poor that she could hardly take a couple of steps without falling on her face. At 4½-years-old she didn't even know how to put her arms out in front of her to catch herself when falling.

So, if you saw me walking with her, you probably saw me holding her hand--until I realized that I was probably going to dislocate her wrist from how many times I would catch her as she was falling. Thus, I began holding her arm, between her wrist and elbow.

Well, in a little over a year since we have had her home, she has learned to put her hands down and catch herself as she falls--though she rarely falls any more! In addition, she has learned to run(!), jump(!), ride a tricycle(!!), and this week, she graduated to a bicycle with training wheels!!! Her balance has so greatly improved!!! 

And, she has begun showing an interest in learning to roller skate! Derek and I are so excited to see how far this girl has come! She is amazing!

No comments: