Thursday, February 26, 2015

Julie's Fingerprints

On Saturday, February 21st, Derek and I received our fingerprinting appointments from the USCIS. Since I am continually marked as "unclassifiable" and invited for reprinting, I decided to try to get into the USCIS building ahead of my appointment. Several people were praying as my three sick children and I made our way to the USCIS building.

The guard asked EVERYONE wanting entrance into the building if they had an appointment for the day--everyone, that is, EXCEPT me!!!!!!! No guard or officer asked me! I was praising the Lord!

The wait was 2½ hours long--with silence and sitting still. Since I was accustomed to being in and out in 15 minutes or less, I only took in a chapter book for Cheirsh and three picture books between Hope and Andrew. But, the children did GREAT!!!!!!! With nothing allowed in the building except the invitation, photo ID, and books, the children sat quietly and read (or listened to me read)!!!!!!!! I mean silently! For 2½ hours!! It was obvious that people were praying over us!

The next day I contacted an officer at the USCIS office to let them know my standard practice: Take prints, mark them "unclassifiable", reinvite me, take prints, mark them "unclassifiable", get background check on my social security number. It's the "Julie standard". The officer was very polite and said she would look into my case daily to send out a reinvite as soon as the file marked "unclassifiable" came in.

Today she called. She said, "Your prints came through, and they are readable...!" "READABLE"!!!!!!!! After years of having no fingerprints and having trouble with Immigration, my prints were readable!!!! As soon as Derek found Daniel, he began praying that my prints would "grow back." Also, he put me on C.O. Bigelow No. 140 ("soap free" cleanser), and it repaired my prints! They were readable! This means a quicker time frame for bringing Daniel home!!!! We were hugging, jumping up and down, and squealing from the thankfulness that was oozing out of us!!!!


We are overflowing with thanksgiving to God! He is so powerful! Praise to Jesus!

Next up: Derek's prints get taken on March 3rd.

No comments: