Sunday, August 25, 2013

A look inside our family...Part IV

Now, for the final post in this series, we will reveal the most intimate part of our family.

As most of you can tell, we are believers in Jesus Christ.
Jesus was from eternity pass and is to eternity future.
He is God.
He is powerful.

His name is powerful! By speaking Jesus' name, we have witnessed our children wracked with fear from nightmares be calmed instantly and be able to return to sleep very quickly. We've seen our children--even while in Ch*na and before they spoke English--be calmed from fright and distress when we spoke the name of "Jesus" over them. We've personally witnessed healing at the name of Jesus. His name is powerful!

His blood is also powerful! Jesus' blood cleanses sins! Think about that. His blood. Our sins. Filth. Covered. Cleaned! With pure hearts left behind!


Our son used to be tormented by night terrors when we first brought him home from Ch*na. The night terrors were continual. There were nights Andrew would have multiple night terrors a night.
They. were. horrible!
They. were. terrifying!
And, they scared us as parents!

Each time Andrew would be screaming from the night terrors, we would go to his room and speak Jesus' name over him. He would quickly calm and go back to sleep.

This happened CONTINUALLY! Multiple times a night.

One day, after talking with my mom about the torment Andrew was suffering, she reminded me about how powerful Jesus' blood is. That night before Derek and I put Andrew to bed, we claimed the blood of Jesus over Andrew, his bed, his bedroom, our house, and our property. That night, Andrew was freed from night terrors! ALL night terrors! He has NEVER had another night terror! The blood of Jesus. More powerful than we can even imagine!

So, each day we pray for each person in our family this way:
1. In prayer we bind our body parts to Jesus. To bind something is to attach it very closely (think of duct taping or super-gluing something to another object).

Here's an example: "In Jesus' name, I bind my eyes to the eyes of Jesus, so that I may see through eyes of eternity, and thus see people the way You do, Jesus. I bind my heart to the heart of Jesus, so that I will love the way You do. I bind my will to the will of Jesus, so that I will submit to authority the way You would, Jesus...."

2. Where there is sin, in prayer we claim the blood of Jesus.
Example: "Father, I claim the blood of Jesus over my thoughts so that I will begin thinking about [situation/person] the way You would. I 'take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ'. I claim the blood of Jesus over my mouth so that I will only speak words that are true, kind, and loving...."

3. In prayer we put on the armor of God (Ephesians 6:14-17).

4. In prayer we clothe ourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, and love (Colossians 3:12-14).

So, does this daily commitment make us good or perfect?
No way!

We are weak.
We are sinful.
We are weak. (Did I mention that?)
We are completely imperfect.
BUT, with the power of Jesus, we are warriors ready for each day and what it holds in store for us.

We know the One Who is more powerful than we could ever imagine!
We know the One Who transforms the willing heart.

We have seen the marvelous transformation in our family--on a daily basis as we submit ourselves to Jesus.

Jesus.
The name above all names!

No comments: