Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hope's Yēsū Book

I know we haven't talked much about Hope's adjustment, but the poor little one has suffered tremendously from nightmares. We have tried many things to help her through her long nights of torment.

Two nights ago, when I thought I was going to get some sleep since I wasn't administering medication to a sick child, I was instead consoling Hope from her terrible dreams once again. I believe I counted seven (7) nightmares that night.

Our family prays for Hope, and we teach her about Yēsū (Jesus). We have a translation app on our tablet that we use for Bible times. We have some favorite verses saved in the "History" section of the translator, so before bed we scroll through the verses so Hope can hear the verses in Mandarin, and Cherish and Andrew can hear them in English.

Here are just a couple of the verses:
"I can lie down and sleep soundly because You, Lord, will keep me safe." (Psalm 4:8)
"God takes care of His own, even while they sleep." (Psalm 127:2)
"Be our Shepherd and always carry us in Your arms." (Psalm 28:9)
"I am the Lord your God. I am holding your hand, so don't be afraid. I am here to help you." (Isaiah 41:13)
"You keep me safe, Lord God. So when I pray at night, please listen carefully to each of my concerns." (Psalm 88:1-2) And, I have heard Hope praying to Yēsū at random times throughout the day!

Last night, we remembered that Andrew used to be plagued with night terrors, and the first night we placed a New Testament in his crib, under his pillow, the night terrors stopped. Permanently! (His story is HERE.)

So, before Hope went to bed last night, we gave her one of our New Testaments to put under her pillow to sleep with. She was SO EXCITED! She couldn't sleep. She kept getting out of bed, handing me the book, and asking me to read it to her.

When she was back in bed, I could hear her praying to Yēsū. She stayed awake from excitement!

Before I went to bed, I went to check on her. The Yēsū Book was under her pillow, but this is how I found her and her Book:



Hope had NO nightmares last night!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hallelujah!!!!  We were/are overflowing with thanksgiving to God for His Sword of the Spirit!

Am I saying the Yēsū Book is magical? No. But, I am saying the Savior of the book is All-Powerful!

May Hope fall in love with the One Who is in love with her!

No comments: