Tuesday, October 24, 2017

A picture with a story

The picture is blurry. I know.
I did my best in my boys' dark room.
This picture tells a story, so I wanted to treasure the moment.


1. My children love each other. What a blessing from God! Look at Cherish and Daniel's interlocking arms. Sweet! Cherish has her own bed, but you will hardly ever find her sleeping in it--unless I make her sleep in her own bed due to illness. Otherwise, you will find her each night snuggling with Andrew, Daniel, or Samuel in their bedroom. Her heart for children is unlike anything I have ever witnessed. She chooses to sleep with the boys so she can be with them in the night when they have their nightmares, and so that she can be with them in the morning the moment they wake up. Ask her. She will tell you those two reasons every time.

2. You can often find Andrew sleeping with his eyes covered--even in a dark room. Andrew's orphanage did not turn the lights out at night, so they placed a blanket over the children's faces to let them know when night and sleep times were. Andrew has since substituted the blanket for his headband.

3. People constantly tell me we need to move to a bigger house as we have outgrown our house. However, we could literally live in a two-bedroom house. My children prefer to sleep together in one room, and if a child is moved to another room for any reason (sickness), it is viewed as a punishment by that child.

Here's what I have discovered growing up and now that I have children: children that room together become friends. I wouldn't want it any other way. 💗

No comments: