Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Chore, Weird Momma

OK, so I am a weird momma. I admit it.

Yesterday morning Cherish wanted a new chore. No problem. I gave her the chore of putting away the silverware from our dishwasher—once I took out the steak knives. She was SO excited! She emptied the silverware yesterday morning (as we wash the dishes at night and let them air dry over night to conserve energy). Last night, I ran a full load again. The silverware was dried before Cherish went to bed, and she went to the kitchen (initiated by herself), and emptied the silverware tray. She was SO glad she could do the chore twice in one day!

Side note: she periodically peaks into the dishwasher to see if more clean silverware has “appeared”.

So, what’s a momma to do? Disappoint a child? No way. Therefore, this morning I put CLEAN silverware from the silverware drawer into the silverware tray of the dishwasher, before she woke up.

Upon waking up, Cherish headed for the dishwasher and got a thrill! CLEAN SILVERWARE in the silverware tray! What good luck! ;-)

It was as if she found a huge prize waiting for her in the dishwasher!

So, weird momma? Yes.
Excited and happy daughter? Absolutely.

(I know the novelty is going to wear off soon, so I probably won’t try this again. Let the good feelings last as long as possible….)

A last-minute after-thought picture:

No comments: