Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What a week!

I am so glad there are no do-overs!

Last week was…um…full. With each hard thing that happened, there were many reasons to be grateful.
Let’s begin with Cherish getting sick—with a fever. She always seems to remain sweet even in the midst of feeling awful.
In the picture above, take notice of the “bracelet” on Cherish’s wrist. One day we had read Deuteronomy 6:5-8 which says to write down copies of God’s laws and tie them to your wrists…to help you obey them. So, one night many days later, Cherish ripped off some paper and announced she needed someone to write verses on the bracelet so that she could do what the Bible says. (She was referring to the Deuteronomy passage.) Derek and I were shocked she remembered.

She kept that bracelet on even at night!
Then one day, I took Cherish to the pharmacy, because her nebulizer had broken. While we were in the pharmacy, our car was burglarized. The glass was shattered throughout the car—front and back. It was a horribly disturbing situation, and one that traumatized young Cherish.
We found much to be thankful for, though. First of all, the burglar(s) chose to leave our garage door openers behind. Thank You, LORD! Also, they chose to leave Cherish’s asthma medication alone. Again, we were/are so thankful! Also, Cherish and I did not walk into the crime scene. It really could have been a lot worse. Once again, thank You, LORD!
For days Cherish kept commenting that the person who stole our things must not have ever read the Bible, “because the Bible says not to steal.” She decided that she needed to make "bracelets" with the Ten Commandments on them and “hand the man one if he tried to steal our stuff again. That way he will know that God said not to steal.”

She blesses my heart!
Then, I got tubes put into my ears and chose “without sedation” so that I could use the remainder of the day to get some adoption paperwork done. What a mistake! It was torturous, and the alarming look on the surgeon’s face and the worried look on the nurse’s face said it all. I kept my eyes closed most of the time so I would not see their faces and just kept praying that God would grant the surgeon wisdom, that He would place His hands on the surgeon’s hands, and that I would be able to endure the pain.
Eyeball pain. Throat pain. And of course, ear pain that was immense!
It turned out my ear canals were too small for the surgical way the surgeon had planned to go about the procedure, but it was too late to change courses once he had begun. But, God granted him wisdom, and the second ear went more smoothly than the first. Also, He helped me make it through! Thank You, LORD!
But, never again. Sedation. Sedation. Sedation!
It has been five days since the tubes went in, and now my hearing is getting better. I am so thankful! (So is my family J.)
I guess that’s enough words for now. More later.

I am so thankful to be finished with last week; however, I know I have MUCH to be thankful for!

No comments: