Sunday, September 21, 2014

Andrew's precious heart

This past week Andrew told me over and over again that he will take care of me in my old age. While hugging me one day he said, “Mommy, when you get old and shrink small and I get big, I’ll marry you. I’ll carry you around and take care of you all the time. I will buy you diapers with my own money, get my crib and put you in it. I’ll move the crib next to my bed, and we’ll sleep together. I will always take care of you.”

Then, as I was preparing breakfast one morning, he set the table and told me he was going to begin "taking care of [me] now". Hope said to me: "I, too, take care of you!" Andrew said: "No, Hopie. You grow up, I take care of you AND mommy. I buy you lots of milk to help you keep growing."


Then on Thursday after Derek finished mowing, Andrew went outside to help him with the lawn work. Andrew worked hard! I said, "Andrew, thank you so much for helping Daddy!" Andrew replied back: "Does it make God happy?" I said: "Yes, Buddy!" With that, he smiled and went right back to work.



   This boy blesses our socks off!    

No comments: