Friday, September 26, 2014

Favorite Recipes, Part I

Our family has some favorite recipes that I make quite often. One recipe that the children have asked for daily this week will be the first recipe I'll feature. The recipe is for baked oatmeal.

My friend Kristi R. first introduced my family to baked oatmeal, and we loved it! So, I began researching recipes.

Since I bake for one who is diabetic and a few who cannot have dairy, here's my version of Amish Baked Oatmeal:


AMISH BAKED OATMEAL
DOUBLE-BATCH

2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup Truvia Baking Blend sweetener
¾ cup cinnamon applesauce
1 cup almond milk
3½ cups quick-cooking oats

In mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add the rest of ingredients except oats and mix thoroughly until well combined. Add oats and stir.

Pour equally into 2 greased 8" x 8" baking dishes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.

Cut into bar or square shapes and top with peanut butter, if desired.

(Since my family loves this recipe, I double-batch it and put one batch in the freezer for quick "granola bar" snacks.)

To make this recipe with regular sugar, substitute ½ cup Truvia Baking Blend sweetener for 1 cup of sugar. Also, regular milk can be substituted for almond milk. Another option is to include two very ripe (mashed) bananas to the double batch. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Julie
I've saved both of these recipes, they're both right up our alley of things we love! Thank you :)
Donna