Monday, February 7, 2011

Kitchen "Fun"

Today was filled with about 6.5 hours of priming the kitchen (which included moving the stove and the refrigerator). So, for dinner I served an all-you-can-eat cereal buffet. Yummy and quick!

Therefore, I had some "free time" to paint/seal the back splash behind my sink. This was UNBELIEVABLY easy! In the time it normally takes me to cook dinner, I had a transformed back splash. Ahhh!

First, let's back up to the end of last week:
Cherish wanted to help with drywall repair:
 And then today, she wanted to prime the walls:
 
My rule is that if a child views work as fun, let them help!
It builds a great work-ethic in them.

Anyway, with the gourmet buffet of cereal over, I had time for grout painting and sealing. No offense to the previous owners of this house, but Derek and I were never into the mauve grout. So, we bid it farewell!

This was WAY TOO EASY!! First, clean the grout and let it dry. Then, taking a toothbrush, paint on the new color brushing back and forth. Let it dry for about an hour and simply wipe off the excess with a damp cloth. Snap! EASY!!!
Mauve:
Drying:
"Hello-o, Beautiful!"
(I used a tube of "NuGrout" Grout Colorant and Sealer.
It can be found at Lowe's, Home Depot....)

Another day--after I finish painting the walls of the kitchen--I'll paint and seal the floor grout. I can't wait to see the transformation!

Now, off to do some laundry....

3 comments:

Donna said...

don't you just love when a project is easy and turns out great?! Hey, I didn't even know you HAD a blog! Glad you linked it on FB. I'll be a faithful follower :)
Donna

the alvarados said...

That is an awesome way to change the look without the expense or work.

Louise said...

fantastic!!!