Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day

It has been so busy here this week, so I'm a little late getting to several posts. I am just sitting down after painting for 12+ hours.

At the last minute, Derek and I changed our Valentine's Day plans, and it was the first time since I've known Derek that he and I did not "go out" to eat to celebrate the day. Instead, we decided to spend Valentine's Day together as a family.

Derek got off work at 3:00 p.m. and picked up KFC on his way home from work. We got our bikes out of the garage, grabbed our "picnic" dinner and some toys, and drove a little over 2 miles to the closest park.

I snapped a picture of Cherish while Derek ran in to a store to get bottled waters.
 Picnic first, play second:

 Look at Cherish's expression as she hits the tennis ball!
I LOVE it!!


We found a great spot for pounding the ball as hard as we could to each other (with no fences--yeah!). We all had a blast. Of course there was time for the slide and a swing ride, then off into the sunset. We drove our bikes back home watching an absolutely gorgeous sunset. What a great evening!

It was wonderful to be able to spell love "T-I-M-E"!

No comments: