Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Reading

Well, I am currently reading two books. One book is Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish. This book was recommended by our social worker--who has been to China with groups many times. She asked us to read this book before bringing Andrew home. I'm only on chapter two, and it has been having a profound impact on me (regarding my childhood). So far, I recommend this book highly!
At the same time I am rereading A Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. This book has moved my heart, mind, and soul in the past, and I am rereading it now to get another taste of the amazing Saviour I serve.
Cherish, on the other hand, is busy reading away on the Bob Books and loving them! She reads to me, her daddy, and her dollies. She loves the independence.
The phenomenon of learning to read. Wow! It's amazing how God works in the minds of children (and people in general) to bring letters into words. I marvel each time I hear Cherish read.

No comments: