Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Heating Pad to the Rescue

This has been Cherish's routine for the last five nights--since her doctor suggested it. When the medicine isn't working to curb her abdominal pain, we add a heating pad to her tummy (or back which seems to help as well).


Even yesterday before swim class, Cherish ended up having Pepto-Bismol and Tylenol (per her G.I. doctor). After her class, we stopped by the grocery store on the way home, and she hurt so badly she hunched over near the entryway of the store. I lifted her into the cart to ride in the basket through the store.

As soon as we got home, Cherish was on the floor doubled over. She asked for more medicine and the heating pad. She got both. It took about an hour until she was up walking around, chatting with us.

The relief comes, but it doesn't last too long. About 4 hours later at bedtime, she was asking for more medicine and the heating pad again. It. is. SO. sad!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Julie, I can't imagine how much it must break your heart to see her in such pain. Praying that they're able to find out the cause of all this soon...
Donna

jennifer alvarado said...

:((

Daniel Bryan said...

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not that good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he enjoyed it as well!
electric heating pads for back pain