Thursday, September 15, 2011

Telling a Story

Hercules (the photographer I told you about) told me to take pictures to tell a story. I started taking pictures while he was talking with me, and thought I had captured nothing. My daughter wasn't doing anything "amazing" or "special".

However, before deleting the pictures, I noticed something. Can you visibly see her pain rising?

At the beginning of her 30-minute swim class:
 Smile gone, but she just looks like she's concentrating:
 The hunched-over, leg-crossed, tongue-sticking-out look should have given me a clue:
 Not doing well!
I ran to her to see if her pain was rising. Yep. She was in severe pain. However, she didn't want to stay out of the water. (She's such a trooper!) Back in, and...
 Notice her face:
 Close-up:
Horrible pain. Poor girl.
(She went to the doctor the next day.
We are working to keep her pain level from spiking...)

So, all that to tell you, your camera can tell a story even though you don't see it initially.

Check out some of Hercules' work: "day-at-the-beach". You'll be amazed at what he can do with an iphone. Seriously.

I'm working on photography. Too bad Cherish's ballet lessons are behind closed doors--no parents allowed. =( That would be a great place to try out what I've learned so far. Oh, well....

GET BETTER SOON, CHERISH! We love you!!!!

No comments: