Sunday, April 29, 2012

Andrew is 2!

Andrew turned two on April 26th. I awoke that morning to dreaming of his sweet hugs. (They are amazing!) He loves to snuggle into the crook of my neck and hang on tightly. He lingers and puts all of himself into showing his love. He is SO affectionate! I will admit, even with his active chicken pox, I cannot resist his tender hugs and kisses. He greatly desires to show his affection, and I am his willing recipient. J

To show Andrew how much she loves him, Cherish made him cupcakes for his birthday. She had received a cupcake kit for her birthday, but since we left for China shortly after her birthday in December, she wanted to gift the cupcakes to Andrew. So, she went to work:




"Choo-choo!"
Thank you, Pappy and Nanny!

Due to his fever and the heat of the sun, we let Andrew out for just a short time to enjoy his day.

Here he is just thinkin':

Though I don't know what he was thinking, I can tell you what his mom and dad were thinking:
"We cannot believe we have received such an amazing gift!
What a sweet son we have been given!"

I continually marvel at how God has blessed us. Because of this, I often sing "You're Something Special" to Cherish and Andrew. (You can click on the title to hear the song.) Cherish now joins in and often sings at the top of her lungs. I pray one day Andrew will know that he was chosen, and he is loved and treasured beyond measure.

But, for now:
Happy 2nd Birthday, Sweet Boy!
Your family loves you so much!!
xoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

jennifer alvarado said...

They are both so precious! Our fanily is so blessed to have them being a part of it. :) We love you all!!!!