Wednesday, April 4, 2012

No more Hepatitis!

For those who are just joining us in this blog, I have been very ill. The illness began with uncontrollable weight loss, followed by spinal pain, joint and muscle pains, headaches, fevers, blurry vision, extreme tiredness, severe liver pain, etc.

I was unable to care for myself or my children. Derek’s parents began driving Cherish to preschool and caring for Andrew and me during the day.

I was so ill that I ended up at the ER. An x-ray showed my liver had Hepatitis. I was transferred to the Borland-Groover Clinic (disease center) to find out exactly which Hepatitis it was. My doctor subjected me to numerous tests including an MRI and MRI with contrast.

The test results all showed I had Hepatitis, but the blood work showed it was not Hep A, B, or C. The next step was a biopsy to identify which Hepatitis had invaded my liver.

But, all that changed beginning April 1--Palm Sunday.

Early Sunday morning in preparation for Holy Week, I was reading Matthew 21. When I reached verses 21-22, I had to stop. My heart needed to ponder the verses. “Jesus replied, ‘What I’m about to tell you is true. You must have faith and not doubt. …If you believe, you will receive what you ask for when you pray.’” What a huge promise!

That morning, I noticed that I was looking like I had jaundice, and the pain in my body was kicking hard. So hard in fact, that twice I felt like I was going to pass out.

Though so ill, I felt a need to be in the House of the LORD to worship Him.

During the service, my pastor paused his preaching to ask if anyone needed healing from an illness. He told the congregation that the Jesus Who healed long ago on this earth is still alive and able to do anything He pleases. So, anyone who wanted to be prayed for stood up, and my pastor offered a simple prayer asking Jesus to heal. As he began to pray, I thought of the verses I had read just a few hours earlier.

Then, while my pastor was praying, the pain in my liver completely stopped. From agonizing pain to no pain at all!

Later that day, I began feeling movement in my liver. I felt the left side of my liver, and the area was still a hard mass. However, I knew my liver was becoming unblocked.

By Monday morning, the hardened area of my liver was soft and several other symptoms from my illness had disappeared!

Over the next couple of days, every symptom of my liver disease disappeared, and my body is completely healed from all the damage associated with the diseased liver.

No, I have had no medications, and no, I have had no treatments of any kind.

Healing has come. Jesus has performed a miracle in me!
  
Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is from eternity past to eternity future. The Jesus Who performed miracles two thousand years ago is the same Jesus today.


And, today, He still chooses to heal and to make well—not because of who we are or what we’ve done, but because He chooses to do so for His own glory. May He receive all the glory for the healing He chose to perform in me!

2 comments:

The Aday Family said...

Wow Julie! What a testimony! I am praising God with you!

I miss you and seeing your sweet testimony each week.

Love,
Catherine Aday

Louise said...

God is GREAT!!! God is GOOD ...ALL THE TIME!! :)
You are BLESSED indeed!!

And...I am blessed to have you in my life :)

xo Louise