Monday, September 5, 2016

Medical and Play Day

Today Cherish and I took Sammy to his medical exam. He did really well. (He he. The pictures would suggest otherwise.)




Daniel's congestion is doing better, so he will remain on his currently Chinese medicine.

After we got back to the hotel from the medical appointment, Derek had a surprise for me. He took care of the children and gave me a 2-hour break--which included a massage and a nap. Oh, how wonderful to was to get some rest! How wonderful it was to have my back massaged!

What Derek didn't know was that I had a pinched nerve in my neck and shoulder, and I was in agony going to the doctor appointment. With Sammy's diaper bag (which included water bottles) on my back and Sammy in my arms, the pinched nerve and kink in my neck were agonizing. I hadn't told anyone. How thankful I was/am that Derek treated me to such a precious kindness!

Then, this evening we got together with some fellow CCAI families and had a pizza party. The pizza restaurant near us was running a half-price special on their medium pizzas, so we all chipped in and had a blast eating pizza and getting to know each other better.

However, before the pizza came, the children enjoyed playing on the playground and practicing their skits that they were going to perform for us after we ate.

Our hot, sweaty family:







 Sammy's first try at pizza. He only ate the crust.
It's a good first try.

Now the kiddos have been bathed and are fast asleep in bed. I'm nodding off, too. Good night, sweet friends! Thanks for joining us on this journey!

1 comment:

The Redhead said...

Whew, those meds are working! Aw, what a wonderful husband :) Glad you were able to receive a massage that helped you so that you can carry on carrying those bags and littles!
Dinner and a show?! You're group knows how to spend time together! :D
Enjoy your sleep and hope all goes even better tomorrow, especially for sweet Sammy! Sending prayers!
And Happy Labor Day, from back over here Stateside :)