Thursday, September 10, 2015

Getting ready to travel!

Today recapped:
 
Daniel had a day without diarrhea about two days ago. He was drinking Slippery Elm water that day and had a great day, but he refused to drink the Slippery Elm drink the next day. His diarrhea came back in full force.
 
Today he has had several blow-outs. I hope he makes it home in clothes! (I've washed out several pants, so hopefully he will make it home clothed!) I really think he has Giardia. I can hardly wait to get him seen by the doctor back in the States!!
 
In addition, he and I went to visit the doctor. Daniel has been pulling on his ears and I didn't want to attempt 28 hours of travel with possible ear infections. The doctor looked in Daniel's ears with a flashlight and said he probably has itchy, dry ears. ;) I bought the prescribed moisturizer medicine, and off we went. Three applications later, and he is still pulling his ears—possibly more so.
 
We are now several hours from leaving for home. It just may be a painful and messy trip. I can't wait to hit home base!
 
Tonight, we went to a truly authentic Chinese restaurant for dinner, i.e. no pictures to point to. Only Chinese characters for ordering. We told a Chinese lady what we were desiring to eat, and she ordered for us. We had never eaten such Chinese food! Whoa! S.P.I.C.Y.!!!!! Totally different tastes!
 
I got to do the Heimlich on Hope. Just another day in the Bollinger family.
 
We went to McDonald's for, ya know, somethin' familiar. So, we had the black sesame seed ice cream for dessert. Another "amazing" experience.
 
Different is just different. Not bad. Just different.
 
I like different.
 
I especially like different when it means no diarrhea and no Heimlich. I'm placing my order for different! ;)
 
We are almost packed! We'll be home-bound very soon!

No comments: