Monday, January 22, 2018

2nd day home

In the wee hours of the morning, I went to bed for the night--sleeping with Daniel who woke up crying for daddy three times in the night. I left Derek "in charge" ðŸ˜‰ of the night crew.

I woke up this morning to find only Andrew awake. Derek woke up briefly this morning to tell me he was too sick to stay up last night, so he, Matthew, and Cherish went to bed about 10 minutes after I did. (Cherish asked permission to stay up and care for the night crew, but Derek ended up making her go to bed.)

So, Andrew periodically checked in with Derek through the night. Andrew made his own dinner...taco shells, filled with gold fish, and covered with taco sauce. Poor kid!!! Then, Derek told me, Andrew cleaned the kitchen of the night crew's snacks. The child is a gem! He serves even when sick!

I was able to get him in to see a doctor, and it turns out Andrew has a double ear infection + fever + sore throat + congestion + sinus pressure.... The child doesn't complain!

Thankfully, he is now on an antibiotic and should be feeling better soon.

The children played out in the sun today--it got up to 80° F today!--so there was lots of outdoor play. We took Matthew out back to play on the playground, but he was too scared! He was screaming that I had even thought he might be remotely interested in sitting in a baby seat! I mean, what was I thinking?!  How could any person survive riding in a swing?!!!

So, Sammy--who is too big for the swing--got into the swing and showed Matthew how fun it was. Matthew tried over and over and over again to get near the swing. Finally, by the end of the day, he let Derek hold him over the swing--but without sitting in the swing! 

Perhaps tomorrow he will gain even more courage. For how terrified he was, he was pretty brave to keep going back to try to get closer and closer to the swing.

Concerning my back, on January 20th I woke up in extreme pain--as had been the custom. I had a few ladies praying for my back, and by the evening I was able to hold Matthew! What a blessing!!!

Then, last night I was able to bathe the boys!!! I do not recall having bathed them since I slipped the disks from my lower back. (Cherish had been continually showering the boys.)

I was SO THANKFUL that when my family (my husband) needed me the most, my back was strong enough to be able to assist the family.

There are so many things to be thankful for! In addition, Matthew spends much of his day smiling! He gets so much joy and happiness from the littlest things, like diaper changings, a banana, a door opening, a toy, a hug....

I will say: the smile is contagious! Thank You, Lord, for Matthew!!

No comments: