Friday, January 12, 2018

Andrew

We have spent a lot of time this evening video chatting as a family. What a gift!


Andrew was crying because he missed me, and while daddy went to care for Matthew I began having a rubber-band-shooting-contest over the phone with Andrew. He was laughing as I "hit" him in the ears, eyes, nose, mouth...with the rubber bands. (I was hitting the phone, but I was aiming at his face.) It was so good to see him smile and laugh as he "dodged" the rubber bands.

Afterwards, Derek took the boys to play ping pong in the hotel. The group has a free day as they await the delivery of the passports.

When the boys got back to the room, they video chatted with me again. Andrew was tearing up again, and I noticed he seemed flushed. It turned out he had a 100.6° F temperature, and his asthma was acting up. Derek gave him Tylenol and administered his albuterol again (all while juggling two diarrhea blow-outs and giving Children's Pepto Bismol to Matthew.)

They guys fly to Guangzhou, China to begin the process of getting Matthew a visa to enter the United States tomorrow. It will be Matthew's first flight, and it could be rough on Andrew with his asthma.

Thank you for continually keeping my boys in your prayers! We all appreciate your kindnesses!!

No comments: