Sunday, January 7, 2018

It's go time!

Before Derek left for China, he arranged daily surprises for me that Cherish and Derek's parents have been working on together.

Each night before bed, Cherish places a wrapped gift on the kitchen table for me to wake up to, simple gifts to let me know that Derek has been thinking of me. Today's gift (heart-shaped sugar cookies for everyone) included a card from Derek.


In it he wrote:
"Wow! Mom of SIX. The adoption took time. The love arrived instantly.
'God knows that it doesn't matter how your children get to your family. It just matters that they get there.' -Kiren Mortenson 
 I wish you were here. Oh, what a day. I love you. Can't wait till you meet Matthew.
Miss you, Dad of six"
How precious!!

Then a surprise showed up at my front door tonight. A delivery man arrived with dinner--Chinese food--for our family that Derek had prearanged before leaving town.

What a gift that Derek would ensure that the children and I feel a part of this adoption!

In addition, what a beautiful community we have in YOU ALL! You are all making us feel special and cared for as we go through this adoption while apart from each other! You all warm our hearts!


I feel so close to my Saviour right now! To be a part of a rescue plan being played out makes my heart want to explode with joy!

Ephesians 1:4-5,
"He chose us...before the creation of the world....
In love He predestined us for adoption
to sonship through Jesus Christ,
in accordance with His pleasure and will."


It's go time!
Derek and Andrew are leaving the hotel right now to go get Matthew!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Praying for Matthew, trusting the Lord has prepared his heart and that Matthew will be drawn to the Lord's presence, peace, love, and favor that surrounds Derek and Andrew. May Matthew choose beyond his understanding to receive his new family. In Jesus Christ name amen
Angie