Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Matthew

Andrew is so sweet to me. He often takes pictures for me and sends me videos of their days together. Here are two pictures he took. The one of Derek bathing Matthew was taken through a glass wall:



The pictures are blurry, but I don't care.
I'm so glad to get a glimpse of what Andrew sees.

Tonight (their time), as I was talking with Andrew, he switched the camera to reverse mode. I got to watch as Derek danced Matthew slowly to sleep. Matthew's head was snuggled up in Derek's neck, and Derek's loving arms were wrapped gently around Matthew. Derek was bent forward with his face as close to Matthew's ear as possible. I could not hear him, but I have a feeling he was humming Matthew to sleep.

Matthew fell asleep in Derek's arms, and he gently placed Matthew in his playpen for the night.

This man is amazing!! He is the best daddy!!

God bless Derek!


Later, after Andrew fell asleep I talked with Derek. He said that Matthew had been very fussy today. It seems that Matthew is getting fustrated, talking without anyone responding. In Zhengzhou, the guides understood Matthew. In Guangzhou, the guides have a hard time understanding Matthew. They said he speaks a dialect of Mandarin that they are not familiar with.

Derek is trying his very best. When it sounds like Matthew is asking for something, Derek carries him around pointing at objects to see if "it" is what Matthew may be asking for.

One thing that Derek has figured out is that Matthew must always have his backpack with him. His nanny gifted him with a Deigo backpack, and Matthew must have it with him at all times to feel secure. The backpack even sits on the side of the tub when Matthew takes a bath! Obviously, it is a comfort to Matthew.

Thank you for continually praying for our family. Each day, wisdom is needed.

God bless you all!

No comments: