Friday, January 5, 2018

WeChat

Derek slept about 5 hours, but he stayed in bed and texted me through WeChat so Andrew could sleep longer. It turned out Andrew slept for 8 hours and 10 minutes!!! That's fabulous!

When Andrew woke up, Derek put us on video chat, and the children all talked to one another for another 50 minute session!

Tonight I made sweet and sour chicken over sticky rice--eaten with chopstix, of course. Between our Chinese meal (which tasted nothing like authentic Chinese cuisine) and WeChat, the children and I felt like we were right there in China with the guys. 😃

Also, I found out Andrew's new favorite food is bao buns with meat. I must learn to make them!

Derek and Andrew went down to breakfast, and Derek was rapidly overcome with jet lag. He crashed again, and Andrew went on the tablet to give daddy some quiet time for a nap.

Later today, they will walk over to Tiananmen Square, go back for another nap, and watch the Kung Fu show tonight.

Thank you all for your prayers for our family as we face these changes while apart.

Derek and I appreciate every message of love and encouragement you all have sent. Thank you!

No comments: